Monday 3 August 2009

4:15PM

FLOWERS!!!



More birthday surprises from Linz and Licia!
I was told they wouldn't be spending my birthday with me.
Linz would be in Colorado and Licia would be busy.
Uncle KH said Linzy Queen made a reservation at The Tea Chapter...
hardly a place I would wanna spend my birthday this year.

2:55PM
I arrived in Chinatown, completely upset by the maddening crowd of Chinese nationales
loitering the streets and squatting at the street corners.

3:00PM
I climbed the narrow stairway that lead to Casual Poet and found my peace at last.
Spotted a four-sitter in the middle of what seems to be a jigsaw of tables and chairs.
The afternoon sun forced it's way between the posters, cuttings and notices
plastered carelessly on the window panes.

3:05PM
I placed my order for flower tea and spicy fries and waited to be served
while I stroke a tiny lil black kitten napping on the red couch. I scanned the room.
The guy behind was burying his head in "Radar Systems".
A couple behind me peering over a lap-top.
2 ladies taking picture of the kitten from their seats.
A caucasian man studying Japanese or Chinese, can't tell.
2 teachers marking their scripts.

3:15PM
Uncle KH arrived. I was trying to convince them to stay with me at Casual Poet.
But still that nagging feeling.
Didn't want to change the plans Linz made for me.

3:30PM
My orders arrived.

4:00PM
I reluctantly left Casual Poet.
Walked down Keong Siak Street in the steamy heat.

415PM
We made it to Tea Chapter.
I was handed a bouquet of white Gerbaras and a card that said
"4:15PM Flowers!!!"
My heart sank!!! I thought I had ruined the moment Linz and Licia had planned for!
I looked down at my watch...
4:15PM!!! FLOWERS!!!
In perfect timing...

Special thanks to Linz and Licia for planning.
Licia for arranging and delivering the bouquet.
Uncle KH and Aunt QF for being there!


2 comments:

  1. we al love u! just that we somehow show it on BDs....:P other days ,we r modest about it:P

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooopssssss... bad location (I KNOW!!!!!) last minute decision after knowing that the tea bone zen cafe is closed on sundays. who the hell closes tea cafes on sundays!!!! grrrrr

    ReplyDelete