Friday 26 March 2010

BabyFace@Piano Island

Out For Lunch

I arrived on Piano Island feeling famished
First stop... Lunch at the nearest cafe from MOGO
It's called Baby Face...
The interior looks a lil like the inside of an igloo
It was 3 pm and I sheepishly asked the lil gal at the counter...
"You still serve lunch?"
What can u possibly get on a lil island off the coast of Xiamen Island?
An island off an island?
Gulangyu was more than meets the eye...
My lunch?
The best chicken cutlet I have ever had!


Chicken Cutlet with Orange Dressing...says the menu
It came with a layer of spice flavoured rice
Lots of fresh greens
Presentation...Excellent!
Taste...Superb!


I was enjoying my Red Bean Frapp in the company of those in the cafe.
An old couple travelling together, browsing through the map on a lazy afternoon.
I was envious...why I was there alone...

1 comment: